Making of Champions’ Media has exploded into prominence in 2014, thanks to our live on-location coverage of events such as the World Relays, Commonwealth Games and the African Championships! In barely four months we have amassed 7,500 Facebook fans, 1,000 Twitter Followers, 200 on Instagram, over 22,500 views on the YouTube Channel and a staggering 50,000 views of this blog!
This growth could not have been possible without a small team of AMAZING sports writers, who have blogged, tweeted and posted furiously on all things Team Nigeria during the 2014 Athletics Season! As we enter a new phase of growth for Making of Champions, we’re looking to add a Junior Sports Writer to the team – a highly driven person who is looking to forge an exciting career as a sports journalist in Nigeria!
- – Write and publish stories and articles for Making of Champions blog and website
- – Perform extensive research to aid in the creation of blog/website content
- – Conduct interviews with athletes and coaches to create written, audio or video content
- – Attend and cover Domestic and Continental Athletics meets with Team Nigeria and MoC Athletes, including LIVE Twitter, Facebook and Instagram updates at these events
- – Also cover other sports outside of Athletics, particularly Football
- – Report to Senior Sports Writer who also acts as Editor, and attend daily editorial meetings
- – Based in Lagos full-time with plenty of travel within Nigeria to cover domestic meets, and some travel within Africa for continental competitions!
- – 1 – 2 years Journalism or Sports Journalism experience, or recent graduate in either field
- – Bachelor’s Degree in any field. If no prior full-time work experience, then Journalism degree an advantage
- – If no Journalism degree or full-time experience, has displayed a clear flair and interest in writing and journalism through hobbies, club memberships at university or an existing blog
- – Maintains excellent writing and language skills and displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written, audio and video format.
- – Enjoys a working knowledge of the sports blogs and websites in Nigeria and Africa
- – Deep knowledge of Nigerian Athletics and strong interest in World Athletics are advantages
- – Prior experience with Social Media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) a plus
Compensation & Other Benefits
- – Full or Part-time salary negotiable (based on experience)
- – All expenses paid trips to cover National & Continental Competition. E.g. in 2014/15,
- o National Sports Festival
- o Nigerian Golden League
- o National Championships
- o African Youth & Junior Championships
- o African Nation’s Cup (Football)
Application & Deadline
- – Send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘MoC Junior Sports Writer’ as email subject! The application deadline is Sunday September 7th 2014
- – Interviews will take place throughout September 2014 in Lagos, or by phone/Skype for applicants in other locations!
Here’s a message from MoC Founder, Bambo Akani, on the launch of this new, exciting phase for Making of Champions – PROJECT RIO!