Making of Champions’ Media has exploded into prominence in 2014, thanks to our live on-location coverage of events such as the World Relays, Commonwealth Games and the African Championships! In barely four months we have amassed 7,500 Facebook fans, 1,000 Twitter Followers, 200 on Instagram, over 22,500 views on the YouTube Channel and a staggering 50,000 views of this blog!
As we enter a new phase of growth for Making of Champions, we’re looking for a Social Media CHAMPION, someone who can come in and streamline our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram growth strategy, and build Making of Champions into an online community that will become the No. 1 online portal for Nigeria Athletics fans all over the world, as we approach the 2015 World Championships and 2016 Olympics!
- – Create and execute MoC’s overall Social Media & Online Strategy, including an advertising-based revenue strategy.
- – Oversee and manage growth of MoC Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Blog, ensuring regular updates of each platform, increased fan/follower engagement, and prompt responses to fan/follower feedback
- – Editor-in-Chief for all MoC Content on our online platforms – will work closely with MoC’s Senior & Junior Sports Writers, Photographers and Film-Makers to ensure quality content and coordinated creation and sharing of all types of content (written, audio, image and video)
- – Use of Social Networking analysis tools such as TwitterCounter, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, WordPress Stats, etc to measure traffic activity and gain insights to improve content and traffic
- – Lead our MEDIA fundraising efforts by interacting with and pitching to potential Nigerian and International Sponsors for Making of Champions Media
- – Based in Lagos full-time is strong preference, but other locations are negotiable!
- – 2 – 3 years Marketing or Social Media experience. Prior experience in Nigeria an advantage!
- – In-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms (particularly Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram) and how each can be deployed in different scenarios
- – Prior experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
- – Previous experience in building online communities and in monetising online traffic an advantage
- – Bachelor’s Degree in any field. Marketing related degree a plus, but not required with relevant work experience (as outlined above)
- – Enjoys a working knowledge of the sports blogs and websites in Nigeria and Africa
- – Deep knowledge of Nigerian Athletics and strong interest in World Athletics
- – Commercially astute with proven experience of working at a strategic level and of preparing and managing budgets and other financial reports.
- – A ‘never say die, won’t give up’ attitude – it’s a SPORTS start-up, in NIGERIA!
Compensation & Other Benefits
- – Full-time salary negotiable (based on experience) & performance-related bonuses OR equity in Making of Champions!
Application & Deadline
- – Send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘MoC Social Media Manager’ as email subject! The application deadline is Sunday September 7th 2014
- – Interviews will take place throughout September 2014 in Lagos, or by phone/Skype for applicants in other locations!
Here’s a message from MoC Founder, Bambo Akani, on the launch of this new, exciting phase for Making of Champions – PROJECT RIO!