Making of Champions’ Media has exploded into prominence in 2014, thanks to our live on-location coverage of events such as the World Relays, Commonwealth Games and the African Championships! In barely four months we have amassed 7,500 Facebook fans, 1,000 Twitter Followers, 200 on Instagram, over 22,500 views on the YouTube Channel and a staggering 50,000 views of this blog!
This growth could not have been possible without a small team of AMAZING sports writers, who have blogged, tweeted and posted furiously on all things Team Nigeria during the 2014 Athletics Season! As we enter a new phase of growth for Making of Champions, we’re looking to add a Senior Sports Writer to the team – a highly driven and experienced sports journalist who is looking to grow in their career and become an all-round sports media personality in Nigeria and beyond!
- – Write and publish stories and articles for Making of Champions blog and website
- – Perform extensive research to aid in the creation of blog/website content
- – Conduct interviews with athletes and coaches to create written, audio or video content
- – Attend and cover Domestic, Continental and International Athletics meets with Team Nigeria and MoC Athletes, including LIVE Twitter, Facebook and Instagram updates at these events
- – Also cover other sports outside of Athletics, particularly Football
- – Represent MoC at public events, press conferences and on television as a Sports Analyst
- – Act as Editor and mentor for Junior Sports Writer who would report to you
- – Attend weekly editorial meetings with Social Media Manager, who will ensure coordinated creation and sharing of content across all online media platforms
- – Based in Lagos full-time with plenty of travel within Nigeria to cover domestic meets and travel abroad for both continental and international competitions!
- – 3 – 5 years Journalism or Sports Journalism experience
- – Bachelor’s Degree in any field
- – Maintains excellent writing and language skills and displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written, audio and video format.
- – Enjoys a working knowledge of the sports blogs and websites in Nigeria and Africa
- – Deep knowledge of Nigerian Athletics and strong interest in World Athletics are advantages
- – Prior experience with Social Media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) a plus
Compensation & Other Benefits
- – Full or Part-time salary negotiable (based on experience)
- – All expenses paid trips to cover National, Continental & International Competitions, including the following in 2014/15
- o African Nation’s Cup (Morocco)
- o World Relay Championships (The Bahamas)
- o World Youth Championships (Colombia)
- o World Student Games (Korea)
- o World Championships (China)
Application & Deadline
- – Send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘MoC Senior Sports Writer’ as email subject! The application deadline is Sunday September 7th 2014
- – Interviews will take place throughout September 2014 in Lagos, or by phone/Skype for applicants in other locations
Here’s a message from MoC Founder, Bambo Akani, on the launch of this new, exciting phase for Making of Champions – PROJECT RIO!